The Costa Blanca and Costa Calida have become the new ‘Golfing Mecca’ for golfing enthusiasts, to play golf.
Golfers from all over Europe and as far as the USA, Russia as well as China are all regular visitors to the 50 golf courses readily available for pay and play options.
Benefits to Live on or near a Golf Course
Coming to visit and play golf on the Costa Blanca and Costa Calida is wonderful, however living here, on a golf course is incredible and it has many benefits, some are listed below for your consideration.
1. Locations – All golf courses are in areas of beauty, made even more exceptional by views of the sea, the mountains, or the golf course itself. Golf courses are always kept in pristine condition, which also adds to the attraction of living on a golf course.
2. Climate – Perfect golfing weather all year round, maybe summer months a touch to hot, but not for Twilight tee offs at 5pm or later. The daily temperature ranges from about 12 °C (53.5 °F) in January and February to about 26 °C (79 °F) in July and August.
3. Golf Amenities – Most golf resorts are fully equipped with all the amenities you may need for living a very comfortable lifestyle here in Spain. Most have great clubhouses with Gyms, Sauna, Pro Shop, restaurants, changing rooms, meeting rooms and matches where you get to meet and play with new friends.
Also, many have local on-site restaurants, bars and supermarkets, as well as doctors’ surgeries, hotels and hairdressers, all within walking distance.
4. Golf Courses – There are over 50 courses on the Costa Blanca, Costa Calida and Murcia areas all with well situated luxury property to choose from, apartments, villas, penthouses, townhouses or land to build your own. Choose your spot and start living the Mediterranean Golf Lifestyle.
5. Beaches – The majority of golf course are quite close to the Mediterranean Sea and white beaches of the Costa Blanca and Costa Calida. All are generally only a few minutes’ drive along the coastline motorways.
6. Three Airports – There are three main airports serving both the Costa Blanca and Costa Calida. Alicante–Elche Miguel Hernández Airport, which is the 5th largest airport in Spain and Corvera Murcia Airport is a relatively new airport with European flights.
There is also an airport in Valencia that provides easy access to the northern most parts of the Costa Blanca. The airports are conveniently located for all the golf courses along the coast and support a range of cheap flight airlines from all over Europe, so access to come and go is very easy.
7. Rail – The Alicante Terminal is the central railway station of Alicante, Spain. Commonly referred locally as the RENFE station, the station is part of Adif system, and is a terminal station. You can travel from all parts of Spain to Alicante, with the Speed Trains only taking 20Hours 15minutes from Madrid. So you can get to the Costa Blanca and Costa Calida very easily making it a very convenient place to live.
8. Security – Generally Golf Courses are very secure as many have security cameras, night patrols and neighbourhood watch groups set up.
9. Communications – The majority of Golf Courses now have an inexpensive Cable Network provider so if you need to stay in contact with a business, family or keep up to date with the latest international news you can.
10. Education – If you have a family and education is a crucial factor then Spain has a great education system supported with great schools close to most golf courses, however there are several bilingual private schools and colleges throughout Valencian, Costa Blanca and Costa Calida region.
Another good reason for choosing to live in Spain that has not been mentioned yet, is the cuisine.
Spanish cuisine puts a huge emphasis on freshness, regional dishes and most of all, seafood, and locally grown produce. These elements combine to make up one of the tastiest cuisines out of any country in the world, let alone Europe, and one of the healthiest
In addition, many of the larger supermarkets stock produce from most European countries so you may not have to go without your favourites.
If you want to find out more about the Golf Courses on offer, then click on the links below which will take you to additional information provided by the Asociación de Campos de Golf Costa Blanca and Costa Calida.
If you want to look for a new golf property to live in check out Costa Blanca Golf Properties, you will be able to find all the information you need to start exploring. Alternatively chat with us and we may be able to point your in the right direction.